Why I started doing a nightly Old Time Radio show from the Golden Years of Radio

 

I suppose there will be those that wonder why I'm doing a livestream that isn't Gospel Music, my first love.  The simple answer is that to do a show like the one I do on Friday nights takes hours and hours to produce making it impossible for one person to do.  So it will still be my Friday night livestream on my livestream channel:  Bird's Old Time Gospel Music Sing Along

But I know that people like to gather and I thought it would be nice to go back to the "good old days" and do some of the old radio shows that were so popular back then.  I'll be doing it at 9 PM EST on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday night. My live stream for these shows will be on my: Radio's Golden Years channel at 9 PM EST.  Just click the link and like and subscribe and hit the notification bell to be notified when we do livestreams or uploads.  Younger folks won't remember those days, but us "old folks" will and you younger folks that like audio books will find those old radio shows to be very similar.  And besides, it's not so much about those old shows as just a moment for us to meet and say hi.  It beats the heck out of politics and bars lol!  I have met so many friends via youtube on my channels and live streams and it just feels good to say hi.  I certainly don't expect everyone to be there every night, I'm just uploading content to the new channel and thought I'd make it available for those that wish to say hi for a moment and visit.  These shows are easy and very quick to put together since I don't have to do any of the production other than I am remastering the sound since some of the audio, let's say, hasn't faired well over the years lol!  But we have some magic tools that breathe new life into the audio.  

I remember as a kid when we did not have TV I would sit in front of the radio and listen to the lone ranger and other shows and my imagination would just go crazy as I listened.  We lost some of that when we got TV because then the scenes were created for you and not really as magical as the imagination.  I started listening to some of them again going to sleep at night because it did not require looking at a screen.  I realized the possibility and thought I'd give it a try and see if people were interested.  So we will do it Monday, Wednesday and Saturday and leave Friday night for our Gospel show.

So drop by and visit for a spell if you like and we can enjoy each others company and maybe listen to an old story from the past.  Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 9 PM EST.  See you then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first blog - Bird Youmans - Blog 1